Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hard Work Pays Off!!!

This morning I woke Jake up at 6:30 am and we headed to my fathers glass shop to strip aluminum and take it to the scrapyard, I do this every couple of months when I have free time to get a little extra cash.  Usually I will get some upgrade to my Marauder or a piece of equipment (helmet, shorts, gloves, pads, etc...) that I want and the rest of the money goes to bills.  Lately Jake has been riding with my old road helmet because he lost his good helmet.  Has also been riding more advanced trails in recent months.  He was told that if he helped he would get $20 and he agreed, but today he worked harder than I have ever seen him work so instead of giving him the $20 I took him to the Fullerton Bikes and got him a full face helmet.  He picked out a flat black Bell Sanction.  It is a sweet looking lid and makes me feel better when we take more gnarly trails, but most important (at least to him) is that he looks rad like Aaron Gwin (who also wears a Bell, but he did not mention dear old dad who wears a Bell Drop).

 Here is the info on the lid:

The Sanction is Bell’s all-new lightweight, recession-busting full-face helmet. Weighing in at 950 grams, the fully-ventilated, low-profile helmet was designed with the younger rider in mind. Its sizing skews smaller than both its predecessor (the Bellistic) and the more robust Bell Drop, and is squarely aimed at BMX, Super-D and all-mountain riding. The moto-inspired style lines and graphics are youthful and contemporary, adding to the Sanction’s aggressive attitude.
Hand lamination is still the best way for our helmet builders to orient the fiberglass weave to create a shell that is both strong and lightweight in full face helmets.

Bell Sanction Specs:
  • HAND LAMINATED FIBERGLASS SHELL
  • CAM-LOCK LEVERS
  • CHANNELED VENTILATION
  • FUSION IN-MOLD MICROSHELL
  • IN-MOLD BOTTOM WRAP
  • INTERNAL REINFORCEMENT
  • REGISTERED GRAPHICS
  • TWIN AXIS GEAR (TAG)
  • VARIABLE POSITION VISOR (VPV)
  • WEIGHT: 950 G / 33.5 OZ
  • VENTS: 15
  • CERTIFICATIONS: CE EN1078, CPSC BICYCLE
The shall be a review to follow when it's had some use!

No comments:

Post a Comment