Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Six Six One Kyle Strait Kneepads

This is my first product review, the first of many....

I have been using this pad for about two weeks.  It cost $60.52 after tax and I believe it has been worth every penny of that. 

At first I did not like the pads, they made my legs feel heavy.  I felt like there were ankle weights around my knees, it turns out that I had them on to tight.  I was so worried that they would slip while I was riding that I tightened them up,  I have since discovered that they do not need to be that tight to stay put.  With the straps loosened I was more comfortable, even though I have still not gotten used to the weight.  The real plus for me is that I have not had any bruised knees or pedal bitten shins for the last two weeks.  These are only knee pads but they come down far enough to cover the area that my pedals usually hit when I slip or have to HAB a hill (this last happens more than I like to admit).   While I have had no major crashes while using these pads I have banged my knees around and they offer great protection on the inside and out side as well as directly over the knee.  The last thing I have noticed is that when I am not as worried about hurting my knees I descend faster.  I feel more confident that if I crash I will be able to walk away with at least my knees intact.

All in all if you enjoy xc riding and spandex these are probably not the pads for you, but if you lean more towards downhill, freeride, or aggressive trail riding you might want to check them out.  I would absolutely recommend these pads to anyone who wants some protection on their knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment