Saturday, November 19, 2011

Scattante Matrix Multi-Lens Eyewear


Scattante Matrix Multi-Lens Eyewear

Engineered to offer an ergonomic fit, precision optics, impact resistance and peripheral coverage, the Matrix cycling sunglasses combine a wicked cool shape with amazing visibility.
  • Durable Grilamid TR-90 frame provides excellent protection in any condition
  • Polycarbonate lenses deliver superior optical clarity, scratch resistance and long life
  • Active lens vents increase air circulation to dramatically reduce fogging
  • Tactilite rubber bridge rests and temple tips resist perspiration so your glasses stay put
  • 4-point frame fit guarantees a well balanced, secure and comfortable viewing experience
  • 100% UVA/UVB protection
  • Fits medium faces well for men and women
  • Zippered case and cleaning cloth included
  • Metallic Grey frame comes with 3 interchangeable lenses in Clear (100% light transmission), Orange Amber (47% light transmission and Smoke w/ Silver Flash Mirror (20% light transmission)
  • White frame comes with 3 interchangeable lenses in Clear (100% light transmission), Orange Amber (47% light transmission and Smoke w/ Silver Flash Mirror (20% light transmission)

   Before I purchased the Scattante Matrix glasses I was riding with my Anarchy Eyewear "Cory Lopez" glasses.  My Anarchy glasses were constantly slipping and they fogged up all the time, and yes I know they are not designed for riding.  One of the other problems with the Anarchy glasses is that they were expensive, I really did not want to break them in a crash.  Set to find a new pair of glasses I headed out to several shops that carry eyewear and I checked out several pairs of Oakley glasses and a few others, but they cost more than the Anarchy glasses!  I decided to check out Performance Bikes.  Normally I don't go out to performance because they seem to cater towards roadies and people looking for comfort bikes, but I had a gift card so I figured even if they did not have any glasses then I could at least pick up some tubes or CO2 cartridges.

  Performance had the Scattante Matrix Multi-Lens glasses in their display.  The first thing I noticed was that they were not bad looking, they had large lenses, they came in several colors, and had three lens options.  The next thing I noticed was the price, they were on sale for $29.99.  I decided to get them.  I have been wearing them for about 6 months and consider them one of my better purchases.  The frames are light and comfortable, I usually forget they are on my face.  The nose has rubber pads that are nice and soft, but also keep the frames right where they should be.  The arms also have similar rubber pads that help to hold them in place.


Most glasses that I wear start to hurt the part of my ear where they make contact, I have had this problem with many different manufacturers frames, but not with these and they do not slip. 

The glasses come with three sets of polycarbonate lenses, clear, amber, and tinted.  The clear lenses are just clear polycarbonate that offer you a protected view in any light situation.  The tinted lenses are just like having sunglasses on and work well in bright sunlight, I use these a lot.  The last set of lenes are the amber lenses.  These are my favorite lenses, they work well in sunlight and in low light, in low light they seem to make everything brighter.   I was riding in the late afternoon the first time that I used the amber lenes and when I finished the ride and took the glasses off I was surprised to see that it was almost dark, with the glasses on it looked like it was mid afternoon.   I use the amber almost all of the time now.   The other feature that each of the lenes has are the vents, and as long as you are moving they will stay fog free, if you stop they will fog up but as soon as you are moving again they clear right up.  To change between the lenes you just have to push on the corner and the lens will pop right out and the other lens will pop right back in, it takes just a few seconds to change lenses.

  If you are looking for a new pair of glasses and don't want to spend a small fortune then I highly recommend that you check out these glasses.  I have no complaints for them, they fit well with my helmet, they don't slip, and have offered me eye protection in several crashes.







2 comments:

  1. how do you change the lenses

    ReplyDelete
  2. read the insert on the box they came in when all else fails.

    ReplyDelete